The Lord Jesus Christ warned of the signs of the end times in the Gospels and these things must take place to prepare for the apostasy of the Church, the revelation of Antichrist and the return of Jesus Christ. Look for these twenty signs of the end times, which are the beginning of the sorrows.
Jesus said, “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many”– Matthew 24:5
The Bible predicts the last days will be times of wars, rumours of wars, famines, pestilence and earthquakes. Jesus also warned believers will experience a rising tide of intolerance, which is being revealed as censorship, political correctness and wokeness removes freedom of speech and religious liberty.
The Lord said, “You will be hated by all for My name’s sake.” This would have been unthinkable during the Christian golden age in our nation. But now Christians are harassed for believing in the simplest of biblical truths from Jesus – that marriage is a union between one man and one woman for life, and that God created people in His image male and female (Genesis 1:27, Matthew 24:4-14, Mark 10:7-9, Mark 13:13).
- The End Times Book
- Heaven, Paradise is Real Book
- The Battle of Armageddon
- 666 – The Mark of the Beast
- The Second Coming of Jesus
- The Nephilim: Who were they?
- Who are the 144,000 in Revelation?
- Israel’s Peace Treaty with the Antichrist
- A Third Temple in Jerusalem will be Built
- The End Times, Articles and Studies
The twenty signs of the end times will change life on earth forever. The Bible predicts earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes will break the sequence of normal life. Economies will crumble and infrastructure will break. Governments will shake and fall. This is just the beginning of the sorrows. However, the end will not come immediately (Luke 21:9).
The Bible predicts a one world government will arise and it will have dominion over the smallest of tribes to the largest nations. This would have been impossible before globalisation. But now the European Union (EU) proves nations can be coerced to give up sovereignty in the hope of prosperity. Today, the United Nations is forcing countries to closer terms and the shadow leaders of the economic world are putting their puppets in positions of power (Revelation 13:7-8).
Satan has always planned to bring the nations together in unity against God. This is why the Lord confused ancient languages and scattered the peoples across the world at Babel. One reason was to subvert Satan’s effort to unite the peoples in a global, anti-God kingdom, subjected to demonic power. God ordains nation states and divided the peoples to restrain Satan’s kingdom on earth (Deuteronomy 17:14-17, Acts 17:26-27).
The end times will shake the world out of its complacency. Look out for these twenty signs of the end times from Matthew 24:1-51 and Luke 21:7-19.
- 1. False prophets will propagate counterfeit beliefs, pointing to other messiahs or anointed ones
- 2. Erroneous religions will deceive multitudes
- 3. You will hear of wars and rumours of wars
- 4. Ethnic groups will rise against ethnic groups
- 5. Nation will rise again nation
- 6. There will be famines
- 7. Expect pestilences leading to pandemics
- 8. Earthquakes will shake nations
- 9. There will be fearful sights and signs from Heaven
- 10. Intolerance against Christians will rise
- 11. Christians will be killed for their faith worldwide
- 12. Hatred of Christian belief will rise from intolerance
- 13. People will be offended in an age of offence
- 14. Friends and family will betray one another
- 15. Spirituality will mislead many
- 16. Lawlessness will abound
- 17. The love of many will grow cold
- 18. The gospel will be preached in all the world
- 19. Many Christians will tire of waiting for Christ
- 20. Alcoholism and abuse will exist in churches
Mankind is in a spiritual slumber and dead in sins. They have been rocked to sleep by the devil, as he keeps them mesmerised by all this life can offer. People are blinded to eternal realities by empty promises. They love entertainment and escapism. This spiritual sleep lays open the path for the Antichrist dictatorship, which woke culture is preparing to establish on earth (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:2, 5:14, Colossians 2:13). But Jesus will win in the end!
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming– 2 Thessalonians 2:8
I have been researching the end times for the last eight years and have produced a book from my investigation: The End Times, the Book of Revelation. Its prequel, Heaven, Paradise is Real is also available.