The West is reaping the whirlwind of decades of rebellion against God because it rejects the values which fan His blessing. This is the Age of Absurdity, where feelings replace facts and the ‘experts’ are confused about the basics: What is a woman?
I spoke to you in your prosperity, but you said, ‘I will not hear.’ This has been your manner from your youth, that you did not obey My voice– Jeremiah 22:21
What is this Age of Absurdity? To be absurd is the state of being ridiculous or wildly unreasonable. It derives from the Latin ‘absurdum’ meaning ‘out of tune.’ The West is like an orchestra playing irrationally and making an embarrassing disharmonious noise. It is lying to itself and others; it’s absurd because it should be laughable, but the cost is real.
They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no bud; it shall never produce meal. If it should produce, aliens would swallow it up– Hosea 8:7
This is the Age of Absurdity:
What is a Woman?
- Experts think it’s impossible to define what a woman is
- Biological men are now the most successful female athletes
- Authorities think gender is a feeling
- Economists believe we can gain prosperity by drowning in debt
- Magic money printers make everything free, with no inflation!
- Stock markets boom on printed money and debt-ridden companies
- There are trillions in unregulated digital currencies; it’s Tulip Mania reborn
- The Christian family is undermined and shock, society crumbles
- The sexual revolution shatters family life and we pretend there’s no cost
- Men are free to father children without bearing responsibility for them and we’re surprised at the number of angry, impoverished children
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life– Galatians 6:7-8
- An Oscar nominee assaults a person live on TV and still receives an award and is applauded like a hero
- Progressives decriminalise ‘petty’ theft and crime soars out of control
- The media treat women like ‘liberated’ sexual objects and they’re surprised at the rise in mental and physical health crises
- Profiteers flood the world with pornography and leaders can’t understand why sexual crime is out of control
- Business leaders outsource essential supply chains and now we have shortages
- We gut out Western engineering capacities and we can’t build what we need
- People vote for weak, confused leaders and war returns to Europe
- The wealthy are allowed to profit by pretending Chinese concentration camps don’t exist
- Politicians think ignoring concentration camps won’t hinder human rights violations from flourishing
- Medical experts follow medical advice from Communist dictatorships
- The West gives its expertise to a Communist dictatorship for free and now it’s undermining the world order
- Going green means shutting down cheap and efficient energy sources at home and then we’re surprised we have an energy crisis and are dependent on dictatorships
- We go green with electric vehicles without counting the cost to mine all the rare materials needed
- Let’s abolish petrol cars: but where will all these cars be charged if you don’t have off-road parking?
Social Media Censorship
- Social media companies take private data and abuse it for profit
- Children compare their real lives with fake social media profiles and influencers, and then hate themselves
- The elite cancel those who disagree with them and wonder why communication has broken down
- Governments cede power to social media founders who censor an elected president
- Social media companies allow the leaders of Iran and other dictatorships to declare their plans for the annihilation of countries and people groups
- We turn away from God and wonder why everything is falling apart
- We reject the good that can save us
- Repent or perish, what will we choose?
“Now, therefore,” says the Lord,
“Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping and with mourning.”
So rend your heart and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm.
Who knows if He will turn and relent,
And leave a blessing behind Him– Joel 2:12-14
- The End Times
- The Battlefield of the Mind
- Current Events from a Christian Perspective
- The Joe Biden Crisis. America’s Debts and the return of President Trump
- The Crisis of the 2020s – What is God Saying? Ten Signs of the Economic and International Turmoil of 2021 +